What do you like / dislike about The Arena?

Anything relating to "The Arena" / Planet Ice MK should be posted here.
kylerlawrence
Site Admin
Full Name: Kyle Lawrence

The Arena is home for all the teams in MK but what do you like about it and is there anything you'd change?

I love that we have a fairly new, shiny and modern rink. The centre ice score board was a great addition too!

However I'd really like to see an improvement in the signal or at least internet connectivity there, Makes it a nightmare for arranging / meeting people there and almost impossible to share anything on Social Media.
The Other Stu
Full Name: Stu

I’d like to see a screen or two. As modern as we are, even sheds like Bracknell have them.
That way, we could all see what the players look like as they get on the ice and introduce them.
the PG
Full Name: P G

The Other Stu wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 am I’d like to see a screen or two. As modern as we are, even sheds like Bracknell have them.
That way, we could all see what the players look like as they get on the ice and introduce them.
i'm with the other stu on this one...
with my luck of always being on the other end of the rink when something interesting happens, it would be great to have the game on screen and possibly replay of some actions between the game periods!
if the zebras can review some phases of the game, why can't we?

also, i don't know if i's just me, or the specific acoustics of such a place, but i can barely hear/understand anything from the PA...
improvements in the sound system would be great.

apart from that, it's a really cool rink and it's best feature is obviously... the fans! ;)
atmosphere last night vs guilford was simply awesome! :D
PG
- -- - -- -
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."
Henry Ford
- -- - -- -
Nick
Full Name: Nick Cooper

A lack of stewarding and match etiquette announcenments ! We usually sit in block 14, which is great, a lot of regular hockey fans, so no major issues. Had to sit in block 12 for the Guildford game, with what seemed to me like mainly casual supporters. It was a nightmare ! 15-20 minutes after face off people were still walking in looking for their seats, blocking the view. No one waited until a break in play to nip out, and after about three jugs of beer, a group of lads near us were up and down like a fiddler's elbow ! One friendly helpful steward on the entrance in certain blocks would really help improve the match night experience !
kylerlawrence
Site Admin

I can't imagine a screen would be that difficult to set up, maybe a projector or two??
The Other Stu
Full Name: Stu

Something else which I liked at Guildford on Wednesday (they've stolen all of our songs and chants and entrance, so we might as well steal something of theirs)..........

When it went to overtime, the announcer explained how long it would be
When it went to penalties, the announcer explained how they worked.

With so many new fans over the last few seasons (myself included), it might be an idea to announce a few basics before we start too - you'd be amazed how many people ask me when I'm selling 50/50 tickets how many periods there are, for instance.
kylerlawrence
Site Admin

The Other Stu wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:39 pm Something else which I liked at Guildford on Wednesday (they've stolen all of our songs and chants and entrance, so we might as well steal something of theirs)..........

When it went to overtime, the announcer explained how long it would be
When it went to penalties, the announcer explained how they worked.

With so many new fans over the last few seasons (myself included), it might be an idea to announce a few basics before we start too - you'd be amazed how many people ask me when I'm selling 50/50 tickets how many periods there are, for instance.
Good shout!! Likewise I often get asked similar things from the newbies, They're usually amazed when they find out there is still a 3rd Period left to go!! ha.
I'll suggest to Tom / Jamie and see what they can do.